So I know it is not Sunday but here are my thoughts that I had yesterday. It was the Milford 2nd ward conference and so I had to be there being in the stake Relief Society Presidency so I went. Their bishop spoke on how times are tough and how we need to be prepared and that there are many people that can help us. We don't just need to be financially prepared and have our food storage but we also need to be spiritually prepared and Heavenly Father and Jesus can help us. I saw this sign hanging up in the Relief Society's room that said it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark. It was like a light turned on inside of me. So I have made it a goal to be better at preparing myself and my family with food storage, family night, and hopefully I can save a little money somewhere.
When I was in Relief Society in the Milford 2nd ward, one of the councilors that I work with had to speak and she told this story about how her daughter is getting more independent and wants to walk by herself. They were out in the mountains and she was with her little girl just inches from her as they were walking just in case she stumbled or fell she could catch her and help her up. Well she fell and she just got right up and brushed herself off and kept going. She fell again but harder and this time she needed help to get up because the ground was prickly around her and it hurt her hands. Well she talked about how this is like our lives and how our Heavenly Father wants to stay close to us and help us and sometimes we stumble and fall and sometimes it is not so hard to get back up and other times we need his help. Well I know that Heavenly Father has helped me several times in my life and I know that I would not be where I am at today if it wasn't for him in my life. I love him and know that he helps me everyday and I am so thankful for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment