Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday Thoughts

I am going to try to write some of my thoughts on my blog that I get on Sunday and I am calling them Sunday thoughts, so here it goes.

Today was fast Sunday and therefor in Sacrament it was a testimony meeting as well. There was a baby blessed in our ward today that brought two great families together. What an awesome thing that was to see. We sat in front of one of my friends and her little girl was so cute. She is at the stage where she talks and is not quiet and nothing her mom could do would help. I know all you mom's out there know exactly what I am talking about. So I thought it was cute and I remember that time when my kids were like that, oh wait, they are still noisy. Anyway the people that got up to bare their testimonies talked about families and how we can be eternal families. It made me so thankful that Brandon and I were sealed in the Temple and that if we keep our covenants and obey the commandments, we can be an eternal family. My kids get on my nerves sometimes, but I don't know what I would do without them, I love them so much. I too get embarrassed when my kids are too loud in church, but it also makes church interesting and it makes me laugh. So to those mom's out there and especially my friend that sat behind me in church today, enjoy those moments, because they will be gone before you know it and you will want them back. I want more kids and hopefully one day will have more and when I have those moments when my kids are loud in church when I want them to be quiet, I hope that I remember this blog entry so that I can laugh and enjoy the moment.

6 comments:

Grandma 'D' said...

Thanks Kjirsta, I love Sunday thoughts. Sunday just happens to be my favorite day of the week. The perfect day to reflect on the importance of families, and eternal perspectives. You do have a beautiful family. That is what keeps us moms going. See you at Buncos Thursday!

Grandma 'D' said...

Thanks Kjirsta, I love Sunday thoughts. Sunday just happens to be my favorite day of the week. The perfect day to reflect on the importance of families, and eternal perspectives. You do have a beautiful family. That is what keeps us moms going. See you at Buncos Thursday!

The Lawn Ranger's Woman said...

Noisy kids make the whole sacrament meeting a little more interesting, and I LOVE the Sunday Thoughts idea. I'll be checking back every Sunday to get more inspiration. You rock, Kjirsta!

Crystal said...

Why does it seem like the other kids in sacrament are WAY quieter than mine? Probably because they are? Anyway - I'm so glad it was you guys that sat by us. I don't know nicer people, seriously! So thanks for entertaining her & letting her eat all your goldfish!

Unknown said...

I love the noises in sacrament. We actually had a bishop stand up and plead for the mothers to let their little ones stay in the chapel while making noise because his were all grown and he missed it so much. I loved that. Thank heavens for understanding people.

bjjames said...

I had a great time visisting with you this last weekend. How did the dance go anyway? If he did not serenade you, he is in big trouble lol. Look forward to see you again.